Should ‘red light running cyclists’ have their bikes impounded?
Is it time to have their bikes impounded?
Whether I'm on my bike, Vesap scooter or a car I often get annoyed seeing my fellow cyclists who flagrantly ride through red traffic lights.
Despite the $354 fine when they are caught and a few surprised mates of have had to recently pay up, mostly I hate the bad name these ‘red light runners' bring to cycling.
I'm sick of the excuse that the car drivers are too frequently seen on their phones or texting or runing yellow lights.
Running red lights is crap and cyclists who break the road rules this way continue to fuel the raging lack of respect debate between bike riders and cars!
With the new Victorian hoon laws coming into effect that will see heaps more cars and jet skis impounded for dangerous driving, do you agree that red light running cyclists should have their bikes impounded too?
2wheelmike asks- Let us know what you think, have your say???
- FOR YOU: LATEST Edition Bike Paths & Rail Trails Guide
- Darebin paths gets GO-AHEAD !
- Searching for the perfect Birthday GIFT for less $25 ?
- New Cycles Galleria opens in Williamstown
- NEW PUSH FOR SPEED LIMITS ON BIKE PATHS
- Call to improve bike safety on St Kilda Road
- Government continues to ignore ‘car dooring’ threat to life and limb
- Looking stylish cycling to work
- Spring ‘Magpie swooping’ season in full flight
- Voice of cycling - Keith Dunstan remembered
- Helmetless cyclists highest risk takers
- Should ‘red light running cyclists’ have their bikes impounded?
- Now we are enjoying the Cadel Effect
- SmartEnergy Groups home system enables cyclists to regain control of soaring power bills
- Bike Share arrives in Melb CBD
- Should path walkers keep to the right?
- New Laws: Rogue cyclists face harshest ever fines and even jail
- Be heard on your daily commute.
- Ride to work tips (2) - time and gear
- Ride to work tips - Part 1