Ride 2 Work craze spreads
Riding to Work is the latest craze as people begin realising the multitude of benifits which surpass the costs, inconvenience and frustruation of driving and public transport when getting to work.
Exercise is the key to well being, and arriving at work in the morning with your daily dose done will make you feel like a million dollars. Exercise gets the endorphins flowing and cycling is a great form providing stress release.
No longer will you be stuck in traffic, jammed into a train, waiting for the tram. There is something great about moving through the peak hour bustle, getting to work efficiently and doing something to reduce your carbon footprint.
<!—[if gte mso 9]>
Long-term health benefits include increased strength, improved muscle tone, decreased body fat and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and some cancers. Remember, bike riding should not feel more strenuous than walking unless you want it to. Don’t push yourself too hard at first.
Ride 2 Work cyclists are not only saving huge slabs of time, getting much fitter but have thousands of dollars to spare (reported from $6,000 – $15,000) from savings they are enjoying on fuel, car repairs, public transport tickets and parking. The blogs below explain how to get started and safely make a ’transport’ sea change to your life. There’s heaps more in the Guide including Ride2Work maps, gear selection, cafes enroute and street smart tips.
New Victorian cycling laws that came into effect on June 18th sets jail terms for rogue cyclists and fines of more than $68,000! With the huge surge in people taking up cycling in the last five years, rogue bike riders who believe they don’t have to obey the road rules have given their fellow cyclists a bad name and made it difficult to earn the respect and courtesy...
UPDATE! I got to use my horn for the first time in anger last night on Chapel Street.#1 Was a car that turned into a car spot at the last minute. The driver immediately stopped, and was apologetic. Thank you driver.#2 Pedestrian crossing the road without looking, she was infuriated that I disturb her from getting cleaned up. With eyes open, life could be much better.It sure bloody well works.Lately...
How long will it take?You may be surprised... these days a cyclists average speed is generally greater than the current average speed of cars and other normal transportation. This means that cycling represents a very fast and efficient means of getting from point A to B. Use the Bike Paths guide to select the best bike trail maps to get you there the easiest, safest and fastest.You will also "recover...
Riding 2 Work: Will it make a difference?Yes! Exercise is the key to well being, and arriving at work in the morning with your daily dose done will make you feel like a million dollars. Exercise gets the endorphins flowing and cycling is a great form providing stress release. No longer will you be stuck in traffic, jammed into a train, waiting for the tram. There is something great about...
- FOR YOU: LATEST Edition Bike Paths & Rail Trails Guide
- Darebin paths gets GO-AHEAD !
- Searching for the perfect Birthday GIFT for less $25 ?
- New Cycles Galleria opens in Williamstown
- NEW PUSH FOR SPEED LIMITS ON BIKE PATHS
- Call to improve bike safety on St Kilda Road
- Government continues to ignore ‘car dooring’ threat to life and limb
- Looking stylish cycling to work
- Spring ‘Magpie swooping’ season in full flight
- Voice of cycling - Keith Dunstan remembered
- Helmetless cyclists highest risk takers
- Should ‘red light running cyclists’ have their bikes impounded?
- Now we are enjoying the Cadel Effect
- SmartEnergy Groups home system enables cyclists to regain control of soaring power bills
- Bike Share arrives in Melb CBD
- Should path walkers keep to the right?
- New Laws: Rogue cyclists face harshest ever fines and even jail
- Be heard on your daily commute.
- Ride to work tips (2) - time and gear
- Ride to work tips - Part 1